Current Job Openings
Medical Assistant (Pawtucket)
|Full or Part Time:||Full Time|
We are seeking a Medical Assistant with strong customer service skills to join our Hillside Family Medicine practice. The MA will assist one of our providers in delivering the best patient care possible. Candidates must be hard-working, work well independently, professional and bring a positive attitude to the team.
This position is full time (40 hours/week): Monday-Friday, 8:30-5:30pm and will need to work at least one later shift a week.
Coastal Medical is R.I.'s largest physician owned and physician governed Primary Care practice, serving patients in R.I. and southeastern Massachusetts. An equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Coastal Medical employs over 500 professionals in a variety of roles and functions including MDs, RNs, PAs, lab technicians, financials, IT, and medical billers to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule, coordinate and track patient referrals & pre-authorizations as needed
- Assists with direct patient care procedures and related tasks; lab tracking, assists in obtaining patient histories, vital signs, verifies medication lists, prepares charts, and pre visit planning
- Performs routine specialized procedures, such as EKG’s, rapid strep and urine dips
- Maintains stock levels for medicines and medical supplies as needed
- Educates and advises patients on specified medical issues within established parameters
- Schedule, coordinate and track patient referrals as needed
- Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control methods
- Answer phones as needed
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
- Medical Assistant Certification is required
- Must have at least 2-3 years of experience working as an MA (This is not an entry level position and only candidates with the minimal level of experience will be considered)
- Bilingual is strongly preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and /or infection control standards
- Ability to perform standard clinical procedures according to established protocols
- Knowledge of inventory management practices
- Ability to work on a team
- Ability to use technology
Conditions of Employment
- May be required to submit to annual PPD and Rubella screening.
Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org