Current Job Openings
Medical Assistant (Narragansett)
|Full or Part Time:||Part Time|
We are seeking a Medical Assistant with strong customer service skills to join our Narragansett Family Medicine practice. The MA will assist one of our doctors in providing the best patient care possible. Candidates must be hard-working, professional and possess the highest level of integrity.
The hours for this position are approximately 32-36 weekly (four days a week – schedule TBD).
Coastal Medical is R.I.'s largest physician owned and physician governed Primary Care practice, serving patients in R.I. and southeastern Massachusetts. An equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Coastal Medical employs over 500 professionals in a variety of roles and functions including MDs, RNs, PAs, lab technicians, financials, IT, and medical billers to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with direct patient care procedures and related tasks; assists in obtaining patient histories, vital signs, verifies medication lists, prepares charts, and pre visit planning
- Performs routine specialized procedures, such as EKG’s, rapid strep and urine dips
- Maintains stock levels for medicines and medical supplies as needed
- Educates and advises patients on specified medical issues within established parameters
- Schedules, coordinates and tracks patient referrals as needed
- Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control methods
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
- Medical Assistant Certification is required
- Prefer 1-2 years of experience working as an MA but will consider entry level with previous healthcare experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and /or infection control standards
- Ability to perform standard clinical procedures according to established protocols
- Knowledge of inventory management practices
- Ability to work on a team
- Ability to use technology
Conditions of Employment
- May be required to submit to annual PPD and Rubella screening.
Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org