Current Job Openings
|Full or Part Time:||Full Time|
Coastal Medical Laboratory is seeking a full time (approximately 40 hours a week) Phlebotomist (Floater). This Phlebotomist will cover vacations, leave of absences and sick time for practice phlebotomists at multiple locations. He/she will rarely travel to more than one site a day and will often be located at the same practice for extended periods of time.
Confirms patient identity, draws and/or collects specimens from patients, verifies records, and prepares specimens for laboratory analysis. Ensures tests have been run and results are received in a timely manner. Provides support to the laboratory, physician, and/or medical office with specific daily duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows established protocols for ensuring patient and specimen identification.
- Performs phlebotomy techniques according to established protocols. This includes venipuncture and finger-stick procedures on all ages.
- Performs specimen processing and data entry according to established protocols.
- Performs procedures pertaining to the collection of other specimens for laboratory testing such as throat culture, urine culture, etc.
- May perform point of care testing in the office setting with training.
- Maintains phlebotomy station. This specifically includes:
o Quality Control
o Quality Assurance
o Preventive maintenance
o Basic housekeeping
- Maintains all required workflow logbooks according to established procedures.
- Tracks patient reports/results.
- Complies with all safety, infection control, and HIPAA policies and procedures • Attends and participates in phlebotomy meetings and or training sessions.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all who utilize the laboratory.
- May need to stay later to accommodate any end of day patients, and will communicate with the Laboratory Director should late patient draws become routine.
High school diploma and/or completion of a phlebotomy training course with certification from a nationally recognized body or training/experience acceptable to the Laboratory Administrative Director.
Job Requirements/Performance Requirements:
- Neat and friendly appearance
- Must work well with patients and medical staff.
- Able to multitask
- Solid computer skills – prefer candidates with experience working in an Electronic Medical Record
- Strong attention to detail – must be able to routinely follow protocols with little deviance
- Exceptional customer service skills and must be comfortable and willing to be adaptable to the different sites and their needs
- Continuous exposure to specimens and material considered to be highly infectious and hazardous
- Moderate lifting, bending, walking, and time on feet
- Operation of electrical equipment/instruments containing moving parts and high-speed centrifugation
- Use and wearing of protective garments
- Use of computer system
- Local travel may be required
- Monday through Friday
- Weekend and holiday rotation may be required • Work schedule is dependent upon the individual medical office(s) and laboratory needs – must be willing to flex personal schedule as needs arise
- Schedule may be modified to meet staffing needs as determined by the Laboratory Administrative Director or designee
***Must have reliable transportation to and from sites
Interested candidates should email their resume to email@example.com