Current Job Openings
Physician (Internal Medicine)
|Position Location:||East Providence|
|Full or Part Time:||Full Time|
Coastal Medical, Rhode Island’s largest Private Group Medical practice, is seeking a Physician (Internal Medicine) at our Veterans Parkway East Providence location to provide medical patient care by interviewing, examining and treating clinical patients in order to meet their medical needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Educate patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families, as well as determines which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs.
- Determines level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments, exercises final medical judgment in all issues of health care, and prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients
- Orders studies, tests and ancillary services
- Documents all services in patient medical record
- Reviews on a regular basis long term cases that require ongoing medical attention
- Consults with Medical Director and other professionals on staff as needed regarding patient care, assessment, and education issues
- Participates in quality improvement, management, continuing education, and other patient care programs as established
- Provides clinical oversight to a nurse practitioner, by reviewing clinical notes and decisions for patients
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests, and inquiries from patients
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations.
- M.D. degree
- RI Medical Licensure
- Completed three years of Internal medicine residency training
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine
- Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Certification.
Please send resumes to:
Coastal Medical, Inc.
10 Davol Square, Suite 400
Providence, RI, 02903