Current Job Openings
Medical Assistant (Wakefield)
|Full or Part Time:||Full Time|
Narragansett Bay Pediatrics is seeking a Medical Assistant with strong customer service skills to join our busy pediatric practice. The MA will assist our providers in delivering the best patient care possible. Candidates must be hard-working, work well independently, professional and bring a positive attitude to the team.
This position is full time (40 hours/week): Monday-Wednesday: 8:45a-5:30p, Fridays 8:45a-close (could be as late as 8 pm) with Thursdays off. This position does require a weekend/holiday rotation.
Coastal Medical is R.I.'s largest physician owned and physician governed Primary Care practice, serving patients in R.I. and southeastern Massachusetts. An equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Coastal Medical employs over 500 professionals in a variety of roles and functions including MDs, RNs, PAs, lab technicians, financials, IT, and medical billers to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with direct patient care procedures and related tasks; lab tracking, assists in obtaining patient histories, vital signs, verifies medication lists, prepares charts, and pre visit planning
- Performs routine specialized procedures, such as PFT’s, rapid strep and urine dips
- Maintains stock levels for medicines and medical supplies as needed
- Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control methods
- Answer phones as needed
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
- RI Medical Assistant Certification is required
- Prefer at least 3 years of experience working as an MA
- Familiarity with pediatrics immunizations highly desired
- Strongly prefer pediatric experience but is not required
(This is not an entry level position and only candidates with the minimal level of experience will be considered)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and /or infection control standards
- Ability to perform standard clinical procedures according to established protocols
- Knowledge of inventory management practices
- Ability to work on a team
- Ability to use technology
Conditions of Employment
- May be required to submit to annual PPD and Rubella screening.
Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org