Physician Careers with Coastal Medical
Teamwork. Excellence. Support. It's All Here.
Coastal Medical was formed in 1995 by doctors, for doctors; we remain privately owned and physician governed.
Our core mission is to provide high-quality care to our patients. Our structure allows for much of
the business of medicine to be managed, so our physicians can focus on the work: providing patients with exceptional care.
G. Alan Kurose, MD, President & CEO
Ways We Support our Physicians
You will receive support from a seasoned Coastal physician within your practice to help you transition into your new position.
Centralized tasks like prior authorizations, quality metrics, referrals, pharmacy refills and billing, free you to care for your patients.
Medical Assistant for Each Physician
An experienced medical assistant will be assigned to you, allowing you to practice to the top of your license.
Coastal365 – Sick Visits
Your adult patients who need a same day sick visit on an evening, weekend or holiday can be scheduled at one of our Coastal365 locations. All information is entered directly in your patient’s health record.
Chronic Illness Patient Programs
Nurse Care Managers and disease-specific care teams reach out to your sickest patients between visits to monitor their health and support them in learning to self-manage conditions such as diabetes, HF and COPD.
Coordination of Care
Our Coastal programs and services ensure that your patients receive high-quality care and that you are informed. Coastal services include: clinical pharmacists on-site, at home visits, annual wellness visits and post-hospitalization follow up. You’ll also have access to Coastal specialists in cardiology, pulmonology, sleep disorders, behavioral health, weight management and musculoskeletal health.
ER Communications Program
When Coastal patients visit the ER at Rhode Island, Miriam and Roger Williams hospitals ER physicians will contact a Coastal provider with access to the patient’s EHR before treating. This helps prevent duplicate testing and alerts our Transitions of Care Team to check in with the patient after their ER visit.
Integrated EHR with In-house Support
You’ll be using the eClinicalWorks platform and receive comprehensive training and technical support from our in-house IT and Training Teams.
Why Physicians Choose Coastal
- Strong infrastructure
- Work-life balance through outpatient-only practice model
- Excellent benefits (health, dental, retirement, vacation, malpractice and more)
- Longevity of patient relationships
- Partnership track available
Coastal Medical at a Glance
- 125 providers in 20 offices and growing
- Rhode Island's first Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) ACO
- 97.5% average MSSP quality score (2013-2017)
- Ancillaries include: 15 laboratory sites, Imaging Center, echo, stress tests, a sleep lab
- Outpatient only practice model
- All practices NCQA Recognized and achieved most up-to-date Meaningful Use measures
- Integrated Electronic Health Records (eClinicalWorks) in every office with in-house IT support
- 2012 Ambulatory Davies Award winners for exceptional use of health IT
In the News