Orthopedic consultations and non-operative services for Coastal patients
The Musculoskeletal (MSK) Health Program provides Coastal’s adult and pediatric patients timely access to high-quality, non-operative orthopedic care. Patients considering orthopedic treatment options can have a meaningful conversation before making important decisions, such as whether or not to have surgery. As a Coastal program, patients benefit from timely, coordinated care between their Musculoskeletal and primary care clinicians.
The Musculoskeletal Health Program includes the management of:
• Acute injuries - such as sprains, strains and fractures
• Chronic musculoskeletal diseases - such as osteoarthritis
• Overuse injuries - such as tendonitis and stress fractures
• Care coordination between your Coastal primary clinician, non-Coastal physical therapists or surgeons
• Customized physical therapy programs
• Nutrition and supplement counseling (orthopedic-related)
• "Return to play" decisions after illness or injury
• Splinting, casting and bracing
• Streamlined access to Imaging, MRI and CT scans
• Ultrasound-guided aspirations and injections
• Strength training and conditioning guidance
Shared Decision Making
Shared decision making is a term used when clinicians and patients work together to select tests, treatments and care plans that balance risk and expected outcomes with patient preferences and values. Through the Musculoskeletal Program, Coastal patients managing acute or chronic orthopedic conditions can discuss options and create a plan of action that they are confident in. This program will benefit you if you are having questions or concerns about your acute or chronic orthopedic condition or if you are considering an orthopedic surgery, test or treatment.
Talk to Your Care Team if:
• You have questions or concerns about your acute or chronic orthopedic condition
• You are thinking about whenther or not to have an orthopedic surgery, test or treatment
Credit Card on File Policy
In an effort to improve the payment process and make your experience with us more convenient, Coastal Medical will now need to have a credit card on file for you. Learn More
News & Updates
Coastal has put processes in place to reduce your risk of being exposed to Coronavirus. This is copy from a recent email that went out to all Coastal Medical patients. Whether you are making a routine request or feel you have been exposed to the Coronavirus, this information will guide in getting the help you need.
Feb. 6, 2020 (PROVIDENCE, R.I.) – Coastal Medical and Lifespan have signed a Letter of Intent to pursue an affiliation in which Coastal, a large Rhode Island independent primary care provider, would join Lifespan’s comprehensive academic health care system.