Coastal’s Musculoskeletal Health Program to Open October 15, 2018
Coastal’s Musculoskeletal Health Program will open on Monday, October 15, 2018. The program provides Coastal’s adult and pediatric patients with timely access to high-quality, non-operative orthopedic care. Additionally, patients considering orthopedic treatment options will have the opportunity to participate in a meaningful conversation before making an important decision such as whether to have surgery.
Dr. Jeffrey Manning is the lead physician of the program. He will be seeing patients in two locations: 900 Warren Avenue in East Providence and 1351 South County Trail in East Greenwich. Dr. Manning has an extensive background in non-operative orthopedic care and will work with patients to ensure that they leave his office feeling informed and confident about decisions relating to their orthopedic concerns.
Patients who have questions or concerns about their acute or chronic orthopedic condition, or who are considering potential orthopedic surgery, test or treatment, can speak with a member of their Coastal care team to set up an appointment with Dr. Manning.
The services provided by the Musculoskeletal Health Program include:
The Management of:
- Acute injuries – such as sprains, strains, and fractures
- Chronic musculoskeletal diseases – such as osteoarthritis
- Overuse injuries – such as tendonitis and stress fractures
- Care coordination with PCPs, physical therapists & surgeons
- Customized physical therapy programs
- “Return to play” decisions after illness or injury
- Splinting, casting & bracing
- X-ray & musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Streamlined access to MRI & CT scans
- Ultrasound-guided aspirations & injections
- Strength training & conditioning guidance