COVID-19: Helpful Behavioral Health Related Resource Links
Helpful Resources During the Coronavirus Outbreak
We understand that the effects of the COVID-19 crisis go beyond physical ailments. You or other members of your family may feel alone, scared or overwhelmed. Below links to community resources that may be helpful to you during this challenging time.
As always, you can also reach out to your Coastal practice with any questions or concerns. Coastal’s Behavioral Health Team stands ready to address your needs. We want you to know we are here for you.
Click on the service below to view its description.
- 24/7 support to Rhode Islanders 18+ experiencing mental health and substance use crises
or for adults experiencing any mental health or substance use crisis that may be made
worse by COVD-19 pandemic.
- 24/7 Crises Line: 401-414-5465
- 24/7 Text Line: 741741
BH Kid's Link
- 24/7 support for those under 18: 855-543-5465
SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
- 24/7 national hotline dedicated to providing immediate crisis counseling for those in
emotional distress related to any natural or human-caused disaster.
- Text: "TalkWithUs" to 66746
- Website: www.disasterdistress.samhsa.gov
- FACE COVID: How to respond effectively to the Corona crisis
- Guide to Living with Worry and Uncertainty Amidst Global Uncertainty (multiple languages available)
- Working Remotely During COVID-19: Your Health and Well-Being
- Breathing through Anxiety or Panic Attacks (Diaphragmatic Breathing)
- Video: Managing Stress During COVID-19 (Self-guided learning about stress management)
Child Protective Services 24/7 hotline: 1-800-742-4453 (1-800-RICHILD)
Investigators are able to conduct home visits on a case-by-case basis.
RI Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- 24/7 hotline: 1-800-949-8100
- 8am - 9pm online chat www.ricadv.org/en/get-help
- Coalition Members’ updates in response to COVID:
- RI Food Bank - Find Food
- Grab & Go Lunches/ Food Site for Children: https://health.ri.gov/diseases/ncov2019/about/foodsites/
- Office of Healthy Aging – List of Senior Centers (https://agefriendlyri.org)
Local Senior Center: Call for information about emergency food assistance, volunteer availability, and delivered box lunch programs
- Boxed lunch program available to individuals 60+ years of age or disabled.
- New participants will be required to provide name, date of birth, address,
and contact information over phone.
- Grocery Delivery Options: oha.ri.gov/deliveryoptions
Sesame Street: How to manage feelings related to COVID19
Helping Children Cope with COVID-19:
- Helping Children Cope with Emergencies
- Coping during COVID-19: Resources for Parents
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Coronavirus/COVID-19 Resource Guide
Children with Special Needs:
- Supporting Individuals with Autism through Uncertain Times (pdf)
- The Autism Society Coronavirus Response and Resources
Our clinical pharmacists will meet with you at your primary care office or over the phone, for a free medication consultation. They see patients one-on-one for medication reviews, medication teaching, medication management and collaborative chronic illness management as needed.
- RI Central Service: 401-438-8860
- Southern RI Intergroup: 401-739-8777
- AA Intergroup - Online Directory
- Rhode Island AA Zoom Meetings
- Free Access to AA International Journals: Grapevine, La Vina
- New England Region of Narcotics Anonymous: Virtual Meetings (MA + RI)
- NA Help Line: 1-866-624-3578
- New England Region of Narcotics Anonymous: Online resources
Parent Support Network of RI - Hope Recovery CORE Team: Naloxone home delivery
- Contact: Sarah 401-500-2998